Earn your RYT500 Certification
Awaken To Your Life as Transformation
Each of us is perfect and complete lacking nothing. The transformative practice of yoga is a process of revealing this truth. Through this training we will go deep and discover our innermost potential. What is revealed is yourself as kind, compassionate, and loving, at peace with yourself and the world around you. Each moment of our lives is an opportunity to wake up; to arrive fully in the moment, experience it, receive it, respond appropriately, then let go…dropping in ever deeper into the natural flow of your life.
(516) 551 4910
Still need your RYS200 Certification? Click here for our 200 Hour Training Program in Greenlawn, NY
Here’s what our students have to say…
- Completion of 200 hour RYS training program
- Required reading and written assignments (non-contact hours)
- Attend weekly classes at a studio
- Participate in mentor program
Upon completion of contact hours and non-contact hours, and a comprehension and mastery of principles and practices of yoga, students will receive a 300 hour certification to then submit to Yoga Alliance for registration as a 500RYT.
About Your Teachers
Michael Aronoff is the owner and founder of Awaken Yoga and Meditation Center located in Greenlawn, NY
within the town of Huntington.
Michael has been studying yoga and meditation for over 35 years and began teaching meditation in the late 70’s. He met his first guru, Sri Chinmoy, in 1978 and began studying zen meditation with John Daido Loori, abbot of Zen Mountain Monastery in 1990.
Michael became a formal student of the MRO in 1995 and took jukai (Buddhist precepts) in 1998 receiving the name “Kenjo”.
Michael has studied yoga with many of today’s modern masters. These include Beryl Bender Birch, David Swenson, Sri Pattabhi Jois at the Ashtanga Yoga Research Institute in Mysore, India, and Shiva Rea.
Michael has received teachings from His Holiness The Dalai Lama in Dharmsala, India and Thich Nat Hahn in Plum Village, France. He has taught at workshops and teacher trainings throughout the US. While maintaining a consistent meditation and yoga practice for most of his life, Michael raised four sons and ran his own law practice. In 2004 Michael gave up the practice of law to devote himself to teaching yoga and meditation full-time.
Stacy is the founder and owner of Balance Yoga & Healing Arts Center in Huntington, NY since 2002. Stacy is an E-RYT500 (Registered Yoga Teacher) having graduated from The Long Island Yoga Teacher’s Training Institute as well as the Healing Yoga Foundation, and has been teaching yoga full time as well as running Balance Yoga & Healing Arts Center for well over 15 years. Stacy continues to study the 8 limbs of yoga with passion, trust, and surrender and honors the Traditional Hatha Yoga traditions within The Krishnamacharya Lineage, particularly the Ashtanga Yoga Method as taught by the late Sri K. Pattabhi Jois. Stacy received Pattabhi Jois’ blessing to teach the Primary Series of Ashtanga Yoga in 2006 and in 2012 received her Level II Authorization from Sharath Jois to teach both the Primary & Intermediate Series of Ashtanga Yoga. (www.kpyayi.org)
Stacy now continues to study Ashtanga Yoga, meditation, and yoga philosophy in Boulder, CO with Richard Freeman and Mary Taylor at The Yoga Workshop. (www.yogaworkshop.
The Teacher Training Schedule for 2017 – 2018 will include one weekend a month and every Monday for nine months as follows:
Mondays 6:00pm – 9:00pm
Fridays 5:30pm – 8:30pm
Saturdays 8:45am – 6:30pm
Sundays 9:00am – 4:00pm
October 20-22 (opening weekend)
October 23, 30 (mondays)
November 10 – 12 (weekend)
November 6,13 (mondays)
December 15 – 17 (weekend)
December 4,11,18 (mondays)
January 19 – 21 (weekend)
January 8,15,22,29 (mondays)
February 9-11 (weekend)
February 5,12,19,26 (mondays)
March 9 – 11 (weekend)
March 5,12 (mondays)
April 13 – 15 (weekend)
April 11,23,30 (mondays)
May 18 – 20 (weekend)
May 7,14 (mondays)
June 22 – 24 (weekend)
June 4, 11, 10 (mondays)
* For more details about dates and times, please e-mail Michael at email@example.com.
- $3,600 with installment options available
- $60 Manual fee
- Required books at additional fee
- $350 Non-refundable deposit with application
- Classes at Awaken at a 50% discount
- Full refund (not including $350 application deposit) within 10 days prior to training
- No refunds once training has begun
- Yoga Philosophy founded on Yoga Sutras and Tantric texts
- Physical and Energetic Anatomy and Physiology
- Pranayama, including Ujjayi, Nadi Shodhana, Kapalabhati, Bastrika
- Meditation in multiple forms including sitting in awareness, tantra, Radiance Sutras
- Chanting and Mantra, including Vedic, Japa, Yoga Sutras and Kirtan
- Intermediate and advanced asana including modifications
- Intermediate and advanced sequencing
- Hands on assisting
- Yoga for special populations
- Ayurveda, the science of life; philosophy and practical uses
- Prenatal Yoga, including modifications
- Restorative Yoga to allow body and mind to release physically and energetically for healing
- Mentoring program; assisting mentor in class to offer modifications, give adjustments and observe mentor in instructing, sequencing, and inspiring… Also receive feedback on teaching